Friday, March 2, 2012

Performer Spotlight: Liz Chapman

Ladies and Gents, i'm really, and I mean REALLY excited about this lady.  She is ... oh, she is special.  When I wrote the parts for Argentine, I had a very specific voice in mind for them.  When Liz auditioned for me in February, she wasn't at all what I was looking for in my mind: she was somehow more!  She was some kind of incredible mix of power and silk and glory and I FELL IN LOVE with everything about her. 

I am serious, dudes and dudettes, she is a treat!  Come see her May 4th! 
Meet Liz!

Me: Name, where you are from and what you study at BYUi?

Liz: LizAnne Chapman. I’m from the San Francisco Bay Area and Medford, Oregon (I claim both). I’m studying Theatre Education at BYU-I.

Me: What is one of your special/freakish talents?

Liz: I don’t know if this is a talent, but I’m a wellspring of trivial information. It’s the result of being an insatiably curious person, and watching a lot of documentaries.

Me: What character do you play in Argentine and how do you feel about your character?  Do you find yourself relating to him/her?

Liz: I am thrilled to play Argentine. I think she’s a dynamic and beautiful character, and even though she finds herself in a difficult situation (several, actually), she shows true strength and courage in the end.

Me: What attracted you to the project?

Liz: My husband.
 J/K. I’m always excited by people having the courage to take big creative leaps and sharing what they’ve got to say with the world. There’s something so powerful about people getting together to create something larger than themselves…I can’t get enough of it.  

Me: What are you most excited about in regards to the Argentine production?

Liz: I can’t believe I get to work with so many awesome and talented people! That’s a big part of it. The music is fantastic, and we’ve got some pretty exciting design ideas going on (steampunk, anyone?). But mostly, I think the message of Argentine is so important, and I’m excited for people to hear it.

Me: What would you say to encourage people to come see Argentine?

Liz: People. Twenty-five years from now, college freshmen in Rexburg Idaho will be asking their parents if they saw “Argentine” when the original cast played Sammy’s in 2012. Don’t you want to be able to tell them about it? Or even just your roommates next semester, when they ask you about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment